8:59 PM | Posted in , ,
Joanne Dorsher invited my children and myself to the Lake George Municipal Complex today for some reading time. Dorsher has a background in supporting education and educators that her opponent simply cannot match.

Community Service and Leadership:

  • 1993 Outstanding Lay Person in Education for District 742
  • Facilitated groups in Math Masters, Odyssey of the Mind, Academic Triathlon, tutored math and reading.
  • Member of advisory and site councils of Talahi Elementary and South Jr. High
  • District 742 Curriculum Committee member
  • Troop leader and past member of Land of Lakes Girl Scout Council, St. Cloud Friends of the Library, American Association of University Women, St. Cloud Area League of Women Voters, the Sierra Club and the St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce
  • Great River Educational Theater Board member since 1998 and past president
  • District 742 School Board member since 2001
    • Served as Board chair and led the Communications, Community Linkages, Personnel and Legislative Committees.
    • Currently is Board Treasurer and on the Legislative Committee
She was kind enough to allow me to do some YouTubing:



Also, this evening I attended the DFL Picnic and Softball Game over at Wilson Park. While I have never claimed to be the best athlete, I have to say that I did pretty well (it might have been the lax manner of the game though). As my old basketball coach used to tell me: "The sun shines on a pig's ass every once in awhile".


Cross Posted on St. Cloud Times