3:18 PM | Posted in ,
On the heels of the unscientific poll taken by Chris Truscott, I decided to reveal the results of my own unscientific poll. With only 29 respondents, the poll has a margin of error of, well, a lot!

Here is the political breakdown of those people taking the poll:
Given the small number of people that took the poll, the only telling data here to look at how the 26 people professing to be some level of Democrat answered the questions about the match-up between Coleman/Franken or Coleman/Ciresi.


In a Coleman/Ciresi match-up, not only do ALL of the Democrats remain with Ciresi, there appears to be a self proclaimed conservative crossing over to vote for Ciresi.


In a Coleman/Franken match-up, it appears as though around 25% of the people proclaiming to be Democrats cross over and vote for Coleman. Again, though, this data is extremely skewed given that only a small number of people (some of whom are probably the ardent Ciresi supporters from Draft Ciresi) chose to take the poll.

Here are some of the unedited comments from the poll:

I can not support Al Franken because of his attacks on women in the concealed as "satire".

Though I wouldn't be happy about it, I'd be more inclined to vote for Franken. If there were a 3rd party candidate, I'd vote for them over either of these two.


I am a member of NETWORK, a Catholic Social Justice Lobby, and Coleman's voting record is 65% of the time with NETWORK issues. A much better record than many Democratic congress people.


If Mike was as lackluster in the general as he was in the endorsement race, we'd be losing this one with a capital L. BAD IDEA.

At this point, I am in agreement with Truscott that Ciresi will not be jumping back into this race. Furthermore, I don't believe that it would be at all helpful to our chances of winning this seat. As I have said before, a draft Ciresi movement would have been appropriate for the state endorsing convention but now would just further divide the party. As much as I like Ciresi and wish that he were the DFL choice to take on Coleman, it is too late for that. While I have been advised by some very smart friends to get behind Al Franken, I still haven't reached that point but time will tell.
Category: ,
��