8:26 PM | Posted in , ,
Some 10 months ago I traveled out to House District 16B to attend a house party for a DFL candidate by the name of Steve Andrews. The man I found there was both insightful and honest and wanting to run a campaign based upon the foundations of what makes Minnesota a great place to live.
As your representative, I pledge to you that I will work tirelessly to ensure that all of our children have the opportunity to succeed. It’s called protecting what we have.

Together we can rebuild this State we call home!

Together we can accomplish the great things that were once handed down to us by people like my parents and yours.

Together we can protect the investment and legacy that our forefathers worked so hard to hand down to us.
Sometimes, a candidate loses election not because of anything they have done wrong or because they are the lesser candidate. Sometimes, a candidate loses simply because the dynamics of their district set them up to lose. This is the case in the district of Steve Andrews.

NO Democrat could or will win in 16B unless a major shift occurs. This is the heart of evangelical Minnesota where people vote almost solely upon social issues and the Democratic Party is seen as Michele Bachmann would describe it, a bunch of anti-American baby killers who are hell bent on destroying their religion and their "way of life".

Andrews almost had a chance that few thought was possible with what looked like a three way race between Andrews, Mark Olson, and Mary Kiffmeyer. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that well and he was stuck in a two way race with a more well known figure who has impeccable kooky evangelical conservative ideals.

Other inside the campaign issues hurt the Andrews campaign as one of its greatest assets was essentially driven out of both the campaign and the party.

While I tried to help Mr. Andrews in a variety of ways, I have to be honest that I did not put in as much effort as I could have or probably should have. To Andrews I must apologize for those things I said I would do but didn't and those things I should have done but failed to make a priority.

Good luck, Steve, and keep in touch...

Comments

1 Response to "An Open Message To Steve Andrews..."

  1. Bounced Checks Berg On November 21, 2008 at 9:17 AM

    Steve's a great guy, and I wish him well, too.