12:02 PM | Posted in ,
At the behest of a friend of mine in House District 16B, I traveled out to an event for DFL candidate Steve Andrews. The man I met on my arrival was both humble and passionate about serving the people of the district.

It was a fantastic event with candidates ranging from local House races to 6th District races to nearly all of the Senate candidates. Mr. Andrews made it a point throughout the evening to speak with nearly everyone in the room. I was impressed by his willingness to listen to my concerns for the state even though he knew full well that I would not be able to vote for him. I was impressed by the questions he asked in our discussions in order to dig deeper into the issues. I was impressed by his candor in not wanting his campaign to be about the inequities of the other guy but of the accomplishments and vision he possessed. Finally, I was impressed by his message of "protecting what we have".

Towards the end of the evening he gave a wonderful speech on this theme.

As your representative, I pledge to you that I will work tirelessly to ensure that all of our children have the opportunity to succeed. It’s called protecting what we have.

Together we can rebuild this State we call home!

Together we can accomplish the great things that were once handed down to us by people like my parents and yours.

Together we can protect the investment and legacy that our forefathers worked so hard to hand down to us.


I encourage anyone living in House District 16B to take a close look at Mr. Andrews because I, for one, will be helping out in any way that I am able. Good Luck Mr. Andrews!
��