7:31 PM | Posted in , ,
Josh Behling, Republican candidate for House District 15B, took one more step this past weekend in his journey towards a concession speech in November to Mr. Larry Haws. He delivered a speech to the crowd at the Republican Senate District 15 Convention.

Let me start out by telling you the reasons that didn’t influence my decision to run.

I’m not running because I was sitting around one night and thought, wow, I don’t think I have enough to do.

I’m not running because I look forward to being away from my wife and son many nights at the Capital.

I’m not running to try and gain fame and definitely not to gain fortune.

I’m not running to get vacation days from work, even though I would love a vacation.


It becomes very tiresome to constantly be the grammarian for a campaign I don't support. Could someone please inform Mr. Behling that he will be at the CAPITOL or in the CAPITAL. Is someone qualified to be at the Capitol if he doesn't actually know the proper word?

However, I am glad to hear about all the reasons why Mr. Behling isn't running for the House of Representatives. It sets my mind at ease to know that he isn't one of those celebrity candidates like Mr. Haws who pulls down a six figure salary endorsing a line of fedora hats.

I began campaigning in June of last year, and have already realized how much time and dedication it takes to do this. And believe me, when I am elected I will give all of my time and dedication to making sure your voices are heard in St. Paul.

Wait! You don't look forward to abandoning your wife and child, but you are going to do it anyway? Interesting...

I’m running for State Rep. because, as a father, I want a better life for my son. I want Hunter to have a great education that focuses on core academics that he will use in the real world. I want him to grow up in a world where he won’t be held back or chastised for saying the word “God”.


As an educator, I would love to know what the term "core academics" is referencing. Also, if this is some sort of veiled attack on the public school system for supposedly taking the word "God" out of school I can assure you Mr. Behling, you have been had by the theocrats in your party and that there is no systematic effort to destroy religion. As a liberal, I cannot even count the number of times that I have referenced "God" in my classroom and witnessed students independently discussing their religion with others around them. If you could please knock off the divisive Jerry Falwell style politics, then I would be very much appreciative.

Comments

1 Response to "Fisking Josh Behling..."

  1. Hal Kimball On March 21, 2008 at 6:10 PM

    Great work Muse. Once again you have brought me back to one of the main purposes of our blogs.

    Discussion of our local candidates.

    Your work in 14, 15, and 16 will be very important!

    We'll probably cross paths in 16 and maybe 19. No candidates have come forward in 18 yet.

    Keep up the good work!