h/t Blue Man




While I remain a Bob Olson supporter, and intend to support his candidacy at my Senate District Convention, I have become increasingly concerned about the tone of this contest. It is unfortunate, if true, that Elwyn Tinklenberg will not debate with Bob Olson. Equally unfortunate, though, is the belief that the hard line support for a certain type of candidate is tantamount to staying true to your principles.

Let the Republican Party destroy itself by becoming inhospitable to moderates while we in the Democratic Party embrace variant opinions. We should have a lively debate about which of these candidates is better qualified or has better ideas (both of which I firmly believe are Bob Olson) but lets make sure we don't tear each other apart in the process. Let's make sure that when this is all over and we have a nominee that we can still rally behind to defeat Michele Bachmann.

This should NOT be taken as a rebuke of any person or candidate, but rather a reminder that it is Michele Bachmann who refuses to bend and it is Michele Bachmann who uses the politics of division.

Comments

1 Response to "Bob Olson Speaks..."

  1. Anonymous On March 9, 2008 at 9:01 AM

    I agree PM. On the heels of the GOP working to destroy 6 brave members who voted their conscience, you make a great point.

    I think what troubles me about the race in the 6th is the lack of consistency. I've voted for pro-life, anti gay marriage DFLers before. I could vote for socially conservative Democrats in the future, if they are consistent.

    I don't see Elwyn as being consistent. 2005 Roll Call stories indicate he opposes abortion under all circumstances. A position I don't hold as a value, but I can support a candidate with this value, with a reasonable explanation and consistency.

    We all know he has not been consistent on these issues.

    The lack of debate and discourse is shocking. CD 3 has had more than 20 debates and forums. We've had one here. I know the SJU/CSB College Dems have tried a few times to get something done, but nothing seems to work on ET's calendar.

    Yesterday, ET claimed he was endorsed by Tim Walz and Patty Wetterling, and a slew of others. I have confirmed that neither Patty or Congressman Walz have endorsed in this race, and do not intend to.

    You are 100% right PM, Bachmann is the divider in the 6th. We need to come out of this united. It's tough when no one wants to talk and when what we hear is filled with lies...