5:20 PM | Posted in
Unfortunately, I have been so busy this week that I have been unable to get the spare moments needed to share my caucus experiences on Tuesday. While I am coming late to the party I think it is important to share some of my observations from my caucus experience.

First, the turnout at the DFL caucus at South Junior High School in St. Cloud was phenomenal. While I did not ever get a head count, I did have to walk two blocks just to get to the school. Once inside, I found huge crowds energized and anxious to find their precinct location. Within my precinct I am told our participation increased from 3 attending the previous caucus to upwards of 20 attending on Tuesday. This does not include the number of people who came simply to register a vote.

Second, Bob Olson was there in person and did a fantastic job of speaking to the room and fielding questions from the participants in the room. Truth be told, the representative for Elwyn Tinklenberg spoke with us, asked if there were any questions, and received a resounding silence from the room.

Third, the results of my precinct were truly astonishing. Barack Obama outshone Hillary Clinton with a 23-4 victory. There is energy within my precinct and it is apparently all for Barack Obama.

In even bigger news, I became a Precinct Captain on Tuesday and will also be attending the Senate District Convention on March 29th.
Category:
��

Comments

1 Response to "Coming Late To The Party..."

  1. lavndrblue On February 8, 2008 at 5:10 AM

    See you there!