5:52 PM | Posted in ,
Dear True North,

First, let me say that I am a frequent visitor to your most excellent site. You have allowed me to visit one site to find everything I need to know about the conservative movement here in Minnesota. While we disagree on most things, I appreciate your site as a source for conservative news and views.

Anyway, I was browsing through my news feeds and I noticed something about one of the articles (Obama To Military: Get To The Back Of The Bus) posted on your blog. You see, I use a program called Vienna which allows me to keep track of a whole bunch of sites. That program also displays the author of that article.

While browsing the articles that came to me through Vienna, I noticed that Mr. Thul who authored this particular article used an official military email address to post an article criticizing the Commander-in-Chief of the United States Military.

[Click image for larger view]

My question for you is whether or not it is at all inappropriate for a member of the military to be using their official military email account to post to a political site such as True North. Also, when that post is essentially attacking his boss with rhetoric that he is almost "out".

While I certainly support the right of Mr. Thul to disagree with President Obama and even to be critical of him, there is something to be said for using a personal account rather than the one you use for official duties.

I will let others who are more authoratative on vet issues to address the specifics (namely, the obvious hypocrisy in criticiszing Obama on vet issues without mentioning the neglect of vets issues on the part of the previous administration) within this post. For myself, the issue is whether or not this is an improper use of military resources. Perhaps someone from True North will be gracious enough to address this issue...
Category: ,
��