3:49 PM | Posted in , , ,
Due to some complications on my side as well as some complications with the C-Span website, I am running a little behind on providing the floor speeches of our Democratic delegation.

So, better late than never, here are the updates:

On July 30, 2008, Amy Klobuchar took to the floor of the Senate to discuss Republican obstruction (HERE, HERE, & HERE) and the affect that obstruction has had on legislation making its way through the Senate.

Mr. President, I come to the floor today with much dismay over the fact that we were not able to pass the energy extenders, the tax extenders, the package of important provisions for our country's economy because of this obstructionism on the other side.

Let me tell my colleagues why this was so important to me. We only got four Republican votes for this package. I think it is outrageous when you look at what we are dealing with.


Also on July 30th, Klobuchar discussed the Paul Wellstone Mental Health Parity Bill. You may recall that this legislation made its way through the House of Representatives in February with bipartisan support. Unfortunately, that bipartisan support DID NOT include John Kline or Michele Bachmann.

On August 1st, the anniversary of the I35W Bridge collapse, both Keith Ellison and Tim Walz took to the floor of the House of Representatives to speak.

This is a continued effort to highlight the floor speeches of Minnesota's Democratic delegation in Congress. For more floor speeches, visit the MNMuseTube Page.