7:08 PM | Posted in
This represents little more than pure speculation and my own wishes for the future of the State of Minnesota. This very topic has been covered recently by Chris Truscott, the folks at MNPublius, and even hints from a recent article at MinnPost with corresponding quote:

"I've had enough people talk to me about it that I do think about it."

My only response to that quote would be: Run Tarryl, RUN! While I do not know Tarryl personally I have spoken with her on several occasions and have been pleasantly surprised that she recognized me immediately and was more than happy to talk. Here is a woman whose energy and drive have put her on the fast track to a leadership position in the Minnesota Senate. She has, since that first special election, taken the legislature by storm and worked exceedingly hard for her constituents as well as those in the education community. I daresay her work on education would make her the education Governor more than any other prior Governor since the likes of Wendell Anderson and the Minnesota Miracle.

As to the political analysis of a potential Clark run for the governorship, I would say that aside from a lack of name recognition she represents a brand of common sense DFL principles that will play well all over the state of Minnesota. Even here in what is perhaps the most conservative part of the state, she garners large amounts of support. She certainly has her detractors (he knows who he is) but these are mere whispers when compared to the number of people who feel as though Clark is doing a fantastic job.

It is time for the DFL Party to pony up a candidate that can gain large swaths of support from across the state in order to negate the inevitable run from an independent candidate. Unfortunately, it is in no small part because of those independent candidates that the Republican Party has been able to remain dominant in the Governor's office. With a Clark candidacy we can once again bring the DFL back to the office of the Governor and dare I say it, an eventual Clark for President Campaign.

Cross Posted on St. Cloud Times
Category:
��

Comments

3 responses to "Tarryl Clark For Governor"

  1. Gary Gross On May 20, 2008 at 3:26 PM

    She certainly has her detractors (he knows who he is)

    Yes, I know who I is. Thankfully, I attended Cathedral sew eye can putt too and too toogether.

    While I do not know Tarryl personally I have spoken with her on several occasions and have been pleasantly surprised that she recognized me immediately and was more than happy to talk.I don't know Tarryl either. She does recognize me, though. Remember the Health Care Forum where we met? She talked cheerfully with you, then turned to me & said "There's Gary. He hates me." What a wonderful way of being greeted by the person who's supposed to work for me. I can't tell you how thrilled I received that warm reception.

    That was compounded by the email I got when I asked her for her take on Gov. Pawlenty's State of the State Address. If you don't recall, here's the link to my post about it.

    Sen. Clark is affable but I can't say that she's always a nice lady.

    For the record, though, I agree with you in calling for Tarryl to run for governor.

     
  2. Political Muse On May 20, 2008 at 10:49 PM

    I knew you would figure it out Gary and for the record, it was not meant as a slam and if that is how you took it I apologize.

    I really cannot speak to the relationship you have with Tarryl as I was there for only one instance but from my perspective (again, my perspective) it seemed like a friendly ribbing. However, you are certainly entitled to your feelings of the situation.

     
  3. Gary Gross On May 21, 2008 at 3:34 AM

    it was not meant as a slam and if that is how you took it I apologize.

    Eric, I didn't take it as a slam, just as an observation. That's why there's no need for an apology.

    When Tarryl said that after the health care forum, I thought it was said in jest. Since then, though, we've had some exchanges that are causing me to reconsider that opinion.