10:41 PM | Posted in
I understand you have placed the United States on a list of countries where someone could potentially be tortured.

The manual - part of a training course on torture awareness for diplomats - also includes Israel, China, Iran and Afghanistan on its watch list.

While I understand your concern with the current practices of the United States, I would like you to remember that the actions of this administration and a small, but incessantly obnoxious minority, do not represent the views and values of most Americans. Also, we are currently in the process of remedying the situation. I assure you, in roughly one year we will have expunged the problem and will once again be a safe place to visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope you will not hold the mistakes of our past against us.

Thank You,

The United States
Category:
��

Comments

1 Response to "Dear Canada,"

  1. scott redding On January 18, 2008 at 8:38 AM

    You could have written the exact same post in January 2004, a few months before 62 million people voted for Bush. Even when Hillary Clinton is asked hard questions about rendition, she still links it to the Bush administration. I'm a bit skeptical. For now, I'll adopt a Missouri "show me" stance until after the election.