2:06 PM | Posted in
It has come to my attention that a certain member of the DFL has all but denounced the efforts of blogs and the blogosphere in providing news about candidates in a manner equal to those of traditional media outlets.

Considering the antipathy with which this member treated myself and the blogging world at the St. Cloud State DFL debate, it comes as little surprise to me that he would make such statements. When I approached him at the debate to inquire about future events, his message to me was clear when he told me that bloggers would NOT be electing these candidates. This comment was allowed to pass and I moved along to the more important task of covering the debate.

Did the traditional media?

Apart from a brief (but much appreciated) write up by Mr. Larry Schumacher of the St. Cloud Times, there was little mention of the event throughout the 6th District. However, here on this blog and on the Dump Bachmann blog, I provided unedited video of the answers given by each of the candidates in this race. There was no editorial discussion by myself on the answers given nor was there the slightest hint of bias in the presentation of those videos as I even made sure to apologize for an error made by myself in filming. These videos have provided a wider audience a chance to evaluate the candidates on their merits. Unfortunately, the traditional media does not have the time or the energy to put that much into one single event. THAT, sir, is the beauty of the blogosphere to which you hold such contempt. I, and many others, are able to devote far more time and attention to a single race or a single candidate because we are not in the business of making money or filling pages with a wide variety of news.

At no time did I ever claim that I knew the true intentions of the folks at the AFSCME screening and I believe I made that perfectly clear. However, I did not edit in any way the answers given by each of the candidates to the questionnaire. Perhaps you are satisfied with a candidate providing one word answers to nearly half of your questions, but I am far from satisfied with such a performance.

My final point, sir, is that I am not some distant blogger with no connection to the district for which I write. I am and have been a loyal member of the DFL ever since I cast my first vote. Currently, I am a resident of the 6th District, so YES I will be electing these candidates. If, for one minute, you believe I will kowtow to you simply because of a leadership position you hold, you are sorely mistaken. Not only am I a resident and a loyal DFLer, I am also a loyal union member of Education Minnesota. If Mr. Tinklenberg provides myself and the other candidate screening committee with as little information as he has provided to AFSCME, I will denounce them in much the same fashion I have denounced the AFSCME screening.

If you want a "firestorm", I am more than willing to provide one!
Category:
��

Comments

2 responses to "An Open Message To "The Luddite""

  1. Sara On December 16, 2007 at 4:25 PM

    Don't mess with the Political Muse. Mess with the bull and you will get the horns, it seems. Blog on.

     
  2. Beyond Sound Bites and Headlines On December 17, 2007 at 4:22 PM

    The Luddite also has his own Blog and contribuites to Beyound soundbites and headlines.

    I'd like to add that it was the Blogs that broke the Bachmann Iran story last april. Dump Bachmann has done a wonderful job.