Tomorrow is Primary Election Day here in Minnesota and really the only race to watch is in Senate District 16 where convicted abuser Mark Olson is trying to keep his place in the government he detests so much. Will the voters in the area turn out to support him and thereby destroy their claims of moral superiority or will they do what should be done and politely nudge Olson back into the private sector?

While I hesitate to promote the work of Gary Gross because frankly, he has been a testy old crank towards me lately, he has been doing a good job going after Mark Olson in this series of posts:
Gross may be doing everything he can to see Alison Krueger gets a win out of the primaries but I am certainly not confidant enough to discount the level of craziness in Senate District 16. I have said it before and I say it again, that there is a large number of voters in the area that firmly believe that Mark Olson is GOD'S REPRESENTATIVE and there is nothing Gross or I or anyone else can say to change that. So, I offer this wager:

If Alison Krueger pulls off an upset and wins this primary, I will gladly buy Gary Gross a beer. However, if Mark Olson wins I will gladly accept my Gross purchased beer and will enter into a one time only unholy alliance to defeat Olson. I await the response of the curmudgeon...

Comments

5 responses to "Primary Election: Olson v. Krueger"

  1. Gary Gross On September 9, 2008 at 7:43 AM

    If Alison wins tonight, I'll have a grin the size of Alaska, but, frankly, I'm guessing that Olson wins tonight. I don't want that to be the outcome but I think that's what's likely to happen.

    I think Olson's political career ended the minute his guilty verdict was handed down. He just hasn't realized that yet.

    This means that I'll say no to your offer but instead, I'll offer this: If Alison Krueger wins tonight, we'll get together for a brew. If Lisa Fobbe wins in November, we'll get together and celebrate the end of Olson's career. Deal?

     
  2. Political Muse On September 9, 2008 at 4:02 PM

    I accept.

     
  3. Gary Gross On September 10, 2008 at 6:59 AM

    So where & when do we meet? Are others invited, too?

    PS- Gary's doing a happy dance. First Sarah, then Alison.

    How s-w-e-e-e-e-t it is!!!

    Seriously, I didn't see this coming. But I'm happy that Olson's political career ended tonight.

     
  4. eric zaetsch On September 10, 2008 at 2:20 PM

    One request. Make it a real beer, Summit or something, not a Ms. McCain Bud.

    Just say "NO!" to swill.

     
  5. Gary Gross On September 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM

    Eric Z, I only believe in REAL BEER.

    BTW, let's all smile knowing that the political career of a filthy unethical man ended last night.

    Deal???