6:45 PM | Posted in
While Veteran's Day is typically set aside to honor those men and women still living that have served our country selflessly and courageously, I cannot help but be reminded of a very special veteran in my life who passed just over three years ago.

My grandfather was one of the greatest men I have ever known. He remains for me the pinnacle of what men should strive to be. A man with a heart of gold with whom I spent countless hours picking corn, learning to throw horse shoes, and simply listening. In the time I was blessed to have with him there was never a moment or memory that I do not cherish. He rarely talked of his service and when he did the emotion was inevitably visible in his voice. Thank You Grandpa, for the time we had and for your service to this country.
Category:
��