11:49 PM | Posted in , ,
The only word I have to describe this is SHAME!



John Gibson: Worst Person in the World



From Media Matters:

ANGRY RICH: Do you remember what the media was like shortly after 9-11?

GIBSON: Oh, Jon Stewart sobbing.

STEWART: The view from my apartment --

GIBSON: Sobbing.

STEWART: -- was the World Trade Center.

GIBSON: Oh, God, Jon. Just tell me it's not true.

STEWART: And now it's gone.

GIBSON: It's gone.

STEWART: And they attacked it.

GIBSON: They attacked it.

STEWART: This symbol --

GIBSON: This symbol.

STEWART: -- of American ingenuity --

GIBSON: American ingenuity.

STEWART: -- and strength --

GIBSON: And strength.

STEWART: -- and --

GIBSON: Determination.

STEWART: -- and labor and imagination and commerce, and it is gone.

GIBSON: Gone.

STEWART: But you know what the view is now?

ANGRY RICH: What is it, Jon?

GIBSON: What is it, Jon?

STEWART: The Statue of Liberty.

GIBSON: Oh! That's great. I'm -- God, I'm touched.

STEWART: The view from the south of Manhattan is now the Statue of Liberty.

GIBSON: I'm touched.

ANGRY RICH: Let me bash Bush for the next six years.

STEWART: You can't beat that.

GIBSON: You can't beat that. Well --

ANGRY RICH: Phony.

GIBSON: Actually, you could. If you wait a little while, you'll say, just as Steve Martin used to say, "Should I fight the terrorists? Should I listen to their phone calls? Should I follow them everywhere on the planet to keep America safe? Nah, let's kick the hell out of Bush."

Do we need another 9-11? Triple eight, seven, eight, eight, nine, nine, one, zero. Any of you -- anybody who would say we do need a 9-11, remember, there are bloggers on the left and bloggers on the right who would like to string you up.

—N.J.N.


And does he refute the claim? Nope, he nods in agreement and proceeds to mock some more:

��