4:45 PM | Posted in , ,
I knew that the entry of Tarryl Clark would make it difficult for Elwyn Tinklenberg to win the DFL endorsement but who knew that her entry would force Tink out so soon. The word is that fund raising woes may have led to the ultimate demise of the Tinklenberg 2010 Campaign. Yet, one has to wonder how many party insiders were telling Tink that it was a lost cause.

From the Star Tribune:

“I am terminating my campaign for Congress,” he said in a statement. “This is obviously not an easy decision for me, but I have come to the conclusion that it’s the right one.”

Statements quickly came out from both the Reed Campaign and the Clark Campaign regarding the decision made by Tinklenberg.

From Maureen Reed:

“First and foremost, I want to thank El Tinklenberg for his dedication to public service. He has worked hard on behalf of the citizens of the sixth district and this state as Mayor of Blaine, State Transportation Commissioner and as a Congressional Candidate. El is a tremendous public servant. I wish him the best in his future endeavors.”


From Tarryl Clark:

"From day one, El and I have shared the common goal of changing the 6th District's representation in Congress. El knows first-hand from his work just how much is at stake for the working families and small businesses across Minnesota. I thank El for his dedication and public service, and know he will continue to be a leader in our community."


Clark was given a second bit of good news today when AFSCME announced their endorsement of her candidacy.