12:02 AM | Posted in
My political interest began at a relatively young age. I can recall casting my first vote in a grade school mock election. The year was 1984, and I proudly proclaimed my support for Ronald Reagan (I was a naive young man!). Democrats and Republicans were meaningless terms at that point but the foundation had been laid for an obsession that has only grown.

In 1992, I watched with increasing interest as Bill Clinton took on George Bush. My reasoning skills being far more advanced than before, I began to understand what each party stood for and began identifying myself as a democrat. Did I really understand the whole thing? Probably not, but Bill Clinton seemed to make a lot of sense.

As I have grown older, gone to college, and begun my career I have become increasingly liberal (mostly in respect to social issues).

Now we come to my current situation.

I live in one of the most conservative (mostly in respect to social issues) congressional districts in the country. Amazing in the state that brought us great liberal names such as Humphrey, Mondale, and Wellstone. This Blog is an attempt to vent my frustrations about local conservative craziness. I will post on national craziness as well but my hope is to highlight some of the local craziness that strangely enough moves me ever farther to the left on nearly every issue.
Category:
��