8:36 PM | Posted in ,
In a classic display of do as I say, not as I do, Andy Barnett has decided to take comments off of his blog because he did not like what people had to say. WHAT? You mean the same Andy Barnett that was on Glenn Beck tonight discussing how he was taken off the air because of things he said? Yes, Andy Barnett apparently doesn't like it when others take issue with his speech but doesn't mind when HE gets to be the one who censors.

Poisonous personal attacks will not be allowed any longer, per my wife!

I have decided to turn off comments on this blog because of the vitriolic hatred and poisonous comments made by a vocal minority. If you want to send me a comment feel free to send it to Andy@AndyBarnett.com.

I wish no ill will on anyone and I find it unfortunate that others don't feel the same way when it comes to personally attacking me and my family.

God bless you all, and may lively and civil debate continue as it is vital for our democracy (unless of course Andy doesn't like what you have to say!).

Andy Barnett

To be fair, it is difficult to be a martyr! Does the crown of thorns hurt?

Comments

2 responses to "Wait, Aren't You Fighting For Free Speech?"

  1. Anonymous On November 7, 2007 at 10:11 PM

    You're wrong when you say Andy removed the comments "because he did not like what people had to say." I asked him to remove comments and to stop reading hateful blogs for a period of time until we can be a little more separated from this. I am the one who said that some peoples' comments were poison that we don't need to be dealing with at this current time. It's sad that you read his blog and completely missed what he was saying.

     
  2. Political Muse On November 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM

    Mrs. B, with all due respect, if Andy is willing to open himself up to such a wide audience he is also opening himself up to less than pleasant criticisms. Also, given that his new crusade is one of "free speech" he opens himself up to further criticism by not allowing the same free speech on his blog.

    I don't know if it is this blog you are referring to as hateful, but thanks for stopping by anyway!