12:24 AM | Posted in
What a strange week it has been! On Wednesday, while listening to Michele Bachmann perform her usual obfuscations on the KNSI morning show with Andy Barnett I heard something that I thought would make for a good comparison story. Michele remarked that the House of Representatives was going from the five day work week instituted by Democratic leadership to a four day work week. She went on to claim that five day work weeks kept her and other representatives from their constituents for too long.

I began contacting others to find out just how many constituent meetings our "Fool for Christ" has had in her 10 months in office. After much research I simply cannot find any instances where Michele has held open forums or town hall meetings that are open to the public at large. So, how has the five day work week affected our other freshman representatives? Well, it appears Keith Ellison has held several meetings (one being a financial services meeting that Michele is a member of but decided to skip) at which anyone regardless of political affiliation could attend. Tim Walz has had numerous meetings across his district concerning farm issues, Iraq, seniors, and small businesses.

Unfortunately, I had hoped to do a much more thorough story with audio from the interview and additional research but it fell through with the Andy Barnett show apparently being canceled today.

Yet, when one door closes another seems to open. In my email barrage I was invited to become a member of the Dump Bachmann Blog. So, to make a long story even longer, the voice of this blog will be amplified as I begin cross posting to Dump Bachmann. I just hope I can keep up with the quality research and analysis that my new fellow contributors bring to the table.

Needless to say, the week has taken some weird twists!
Category:
��