9:07 PM | Posted in ,
After the Bachmann sponsored lecture series I was approached by someone from AM 1240 WJON for some additional comments about the presentation. It was interesting because when I asked him what HE had retained from the presentation, and keep in mind this was minutes after it had ended, he was hard pressed to offer anything.

From WJON:

ST. CLOUD -- Congresswoman Michele Bachmann hosted a forum today (Thursday) at St. Cloud State University on President Obama's energy proposal called "Cap and Trade". Bachmann doesn't support the idea, and says if it passes later this year, it won't created the so-called "green" jobs that's been promised.

AUDIO: Click on the audio player below to hear comments from Congresswoman Michele Bachmann.

Bachmann brought with her author Chris Horner. A man who does not believe there is such a thing as man-made global warming. During his presentation, he described Cap and Trade as a hidden energy tax that will raise your energy bill.

AUDIO: Click on the audio player below, to hear comments from Chris Horner.

The presentation at times became contentious, with Obama supporters shouting at Horner, and questioning his positions.

Eric Austin describes himself as a liberal blogger. He says Horner gave a very slick presentation.

AUDIO: Click on the audio player below, to hear comments from liberal blogger Eric Austin.

President Obama wants his Cap and Trade proposal passed by the end of August.

Definition of Cap and Trade:
Cap and Trade is a method of managing pollution. The government would first set a "cap" on pollution. Then companies are issued credits, essentially licenses to pollute, based on how large they are. If the company comes in below it's cap, it has extra credits which it can "trade".

Resources
www.globalwarming.org
Eric Austin's blog


Unfortunately, I have been unable to access the audio on this site so I have no idea how annoying I sound...
��

Comments

1 Response to "I Am On The WJON..."

  1. Anonymous On April 15, 2009 at 12:19 AM

    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Betty

    http://laptopprocessor.info