1:43 PM | Posted in
While the anonymous folks over at Draft Ciresi continue to address the concerns of many DFLers (including myself) that they are little more than an arm of Michael Brodkorb's smear machine or of the larger Republican smear machine I sent off an email to Mike Ciresi. My hope was to get some sort of statement on this new website and on whether or not he was considering re-entering the United States Senate race.

Here is my email:

Dear Mr. Ciresi,

My name is *redacted* and have been a longtime supporter of your candidacy for United States Senate. I am also a blogger in Central Minnesota ("Liberal in the Land of Conservative"). Right now there is a new site up devoted to a "Draft Ciresi" movement and although I would support such a movement I am somewhat concerned that it is little more than a Republican front group. Do you have a response for this new movement/site? Also, I am hoping you could provide me with comment about the likelihood of you re-entering this race.

Thank You

*redacted*


In response to this email, Mr. Ciresi indicated to me that he has "no idea who instituted the "Draft Ciresi" website" and that the website is not authorized by him. Also, he indicated that he is keeping his options open and will be making a decision by July 15th.

I continue to have mixed feelings about this entire situation. When I wrote about a "Draft Ciresi" movement it was before the DFL Convention and my hope was that Ciresi would enter the race at the convention to challenge Franken for the nomination. At this point, I don't know that a Ciresi re-entry would work or be healthy for DFL chances to defeat Coleman.

I encourage everyone to take the survey I created (Click Here to take survey) so that some hard data could be displayed showing what the effects of a Ciresi campaign would have on the United States Senate race.
Category:
��

Comments

4 responses to "Draft Ciresi (Update #2 W/Ciresi Email Response)"

  1. Anonymous On June 13, 2008 at 3:23 PM

    The latest poll shows Ventura with 24%, Franken with 32% and Coleman with 39%.

    If Ventura has that much support, I think Ciresi would do just as well if not better in this poll. As for the health of the party, Franken isn't going to win, so Ciresi may as well give it a go.

    Franken needs to realize what's best for the party and get out before he does any more damage.

     
  2. Political Muse On June 13, 2008 at 3:52 PM

    I am going to have to disagree on that analysis. While I still believe that Ciresi is the better choice, to say that he would get more votes from a three way race including Ventura is pure speculation.

     
  3. Anonymous On June 13, 2008 at 4:02 PM

    It's very much speculation, yes. And I meant if they polled Ciresi instead of Ventura, Ciresi would do better than Ventura.

    It's clear that there is a large group of voters who don't like either Franken or Coleman.

     
  4. Political Muse On June 13, 2008 at 4:10 PM

    THAT I can agree with you on. Neither Franken or Coleman cut it for me and I have yet to figure out what I am going to do apart from leaving that part of the ballot blank.