11:08 PM | Posted in ,
Earlier this month I attended my Precinct Caucuses to participate in the process and hopefully get myself elected to go to the Senate District Convention. Not only was I able to do that, I somehow found myself volunteering to act as Precinct Chair for the next two years.

Earlier this week I received a letter from the Olson Campaign congratulating me on my attendance at that convention and discussing what Bob Olson will do if nominated to run against Michele Bachmann.

Dear Fellow DFLer:

Thank you for volunteering to become a delegate to your local party convention. You've taken the first big step toward ending Michele Bachmann's political career!

I'd like to invite you to call me directly at (763) 210-2009 so we can discuss the issues most important to you. You can also e-mail me at bob@bobolson.org or visit my campaign Web site, www.bobolson.org, for more information.

I'm running for Congress because I know we need to do more than simply change parties in power in Washington. We need to fundamentally transform the way business is done. Replacing one career politician with another isn't good enough if we want to break the stranglehold lobbyists and special interests have on our political process.

If we really want to end the Iraq War, provide health care coverage for every man, woman and child in America, break our addiction to Middle Eastern oil and deliver for working families, we need to do something bold and different.

I opposed the Iraq War from the beginning. I knew that the biggest threat was Osama bin Laden, not Saddam Hussein, and couldn't believe that so many members of Congress—Democrats and Republicans—were willing to believe President Bush and Vice President Cheney. As your congressman, I will work to end this wasteful war, not fund it.

Today 47 million Americans, and 9 million children, are uninsured. Ending this national tragedy requires a commitment to wage the good fight, not compromise with the special interests and lobbyists who have perpetuated this sin for decades. As your congressman, I will never vote for health care legislation that leaves millions of our fellow citizens behind.

As the founder of the American Sustainable Energy Council, I know we can end our dangerous reliance on Middle Eastern oil. By implementing the renewable energy technologies available in Minnesota and across the Midwest, we can dramatically improve our environment, create good new jobs and end our no-win alliances with anti-American dictators in places like Saudi Arabia. As your congressman, I will never put the financial interests of the Middle East ahead of what's right for Minnesota and America.

Over the course of this campaign, I've met too many people who are falling behind even though they're working hard and doing all the right things. I've also seen this in my work as a tax attorney and as the owner of St. Stephen State Bank. It's time to stand up and fight for working families. Michele Bachmann has done a great job representing ExxonMobil and Wall Street. As your congressman, I will introduce a Working Families Bill of Rights and spend everyday of my term advocating for those Mrs. Bachmann has forgotten.

The road ahead will be difficult, but doing great things is never easy. If we stand together and fight hard between now and Nov. 4, we can end Michele Bachmann's extremist brand of politics once and for all!

Thank you so much for all you have done to make this campaign a success so far. Please let me know if you have any questions. Again, you can call me directly at (763) 210-2009, e-mail me at bob@bobolson.org or visit my campaign Web site, www.bobolson.org, for more information.

I look forward to working with you and for you.


While I appreciate the letter from Mr. Olson, my first thought was where is my letter from the Tinklenberg campaign? It seems to be a relatively inexpensive way for these campaigns to reach out to the rank and file who will eventually decide the nominee. Is the Tinklenberg campaign doing anything to reach out to voters, and if so, why haven't any of us heard from them? Thank You, Mr. Olson, for going the extra mile to reach out to the voters. The last thing we need is another representative unwilling to recognize the constituents they serve.

Cross Posted on Dump Bachmann
��

Comments

3 responses to "Where Is My Letter From Tinklenberg?"

  1. Leo Pusateri On February 24, 2008 at 11:39 AM

    I guess I don't quite understand your incessant need to go crap on my blog.

    I've been more than gracious to you. Hell... I've even maintained a link to your blog on my blogroll for quite some time now.

    Yet you feel the need to go take a crap in my comment section, and then rate a post that I put a lot of time and thought in as a "1."

    I've been trying to get along with you, but the more and more interaction that I'm having with you, at least on line, leaves me with no other choice but to believe that you're an ungracious, self-absorbed troll.

    Good day.

     
  2. Leo Pusateri On February 24, 2008 at 11:43 AM

    BTW--feel free to delete this comment and the one previous. I just wanted to express my disappointment with your behavior.

     
  3. Political Muse On February 24, 2008 at 12:16 PM

    Leo,

    I have no problem with you. Hell, I don't even know you. All I did was comment on the fact that you wouldn't have been happy with anything that the DFL majority did. What you are going to have to realize is that Republicans are in the minority and are not going to get everything they want.

    For other readers, here is the comment that Leo is talking about:

    Is there anything, apart from complete acquiescence, that the DFL could have done that would not have drawn your anger and bitterness. It seems to me that you aren't satisfied with anything and therefore your anger at the DFL majorities is just white noise.
    Political Muse | Homepage | 02.23.08 - 4:58 pm | #


    If you would like me to stop commenting on your blog, I am more than happy to oblige but I am not going to stop pointing out the fact that your entire premise is based on the belief that everything conservative is good and everything liberal is bad.

    I suggest you stop getting so angry at the comments of others that disagree with you. It simply isn't worth raising your blood pressure.

    Perhaps someday we will meet so that you can see what a nice guy I really am. :)